With most of our daily communications have migrated to e-mail, websites and text message, printed material has become a novelty. Because fewer businesses continue to invest in print, those that do stand out all the more. And, contrary to popular belief, print is still relevant and desirable (as discussed in our previous blog post). Creating innovative print pieces as part of your promotional strategy can make a big impact and drive more referrals to your business.
Consider adding some of these traditional print materials to your promotional mix:
- Colourful postcards work well for promoting creative services or products that are visually appealing. Postcards can be left at coffee shops or local galleries and the more creative the design, the more likely they are to be picked up by prospective clients. Make sure you include your contact information and business name on the cards as well as any social media handles.
- Bookmarks are a fun way to showcase your logo and other related designs, and are a purposeful takeaway item that can be used long after they’ve been picked up. Take them to festivals and tradeshows to hand out as an innovative method to promote your business.
- Business cards are standard for most businesses, but try to get creative with your designs for maximum impact. Unexpected colour or graphics, unusual sizes and shapes and high end paper or finishes such as metallic ink can set your business apart.
- Brochures give you more space to work with, and can provide more details about your business to potential clients. A three-fold brochure is the perfect size to be tucked away in a purse or briefcase. An exceptional design built around your brand will catch the eye of prospective customers and increase the likelihood of the material being read and passed on to others.
- Posters are always popular, and offer the greatest longevity if done right. Again, design will play a big part here – if it is visually appealing, it is more likely to be taped to a wall as a décor accessory. If it provides important information or process guidelines, it is more likely to be used as a regular reference tool. Think of ways you can provide information relevant to your industry in this larger but desirable format.
There are many different ways to promote your business with print. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination. Got some great ideas but don’t know how to execute them? Give us a call and we’ll help you plan your marketing initiatives for the coming year.